Tips for Staying Hydrated
Do you notice more and more people carry a water bottle everywhere they go? Drinking water helps maintain a balance of the body’s fluids. Your body is composed of about 60% water. It aids in everything from digestion, transporting nutrients, body temperature, and more. Being hydrated is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Here are our tips to help you stay hydrated.
- Start your day by drinking a full glass of lemon water. This will help you wake up faster and help rehydrate your body after fasting during your sleep hours. A great way to do this is by adding one scoop of KOYAH lemon powder to your water.
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Carry a reusable water bottle so you can fill it up with tap water.
- Fancy up your water. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding in lemon or lime. You can always get creative and add KOYAH powders to your glass. A couple of our favorite mixes are raspberry lemon water and celery cucumber lemon water.
- If you have a hard time remembering to drink water, create a schedule. Start with a timer on your phone every 20 minutes. Take a drink. Or, every hour, drink a glass or bottle.
- Opt for water, not soda, juice, or alcohol. When traveling or out-to-eat, it’s easy to order alcohol, juice, or a soda. Order water, it’ll help you stay hydrated, and it's free!
- Eat more fruit and vegetables. Can’t you tell we LOVE fruits, vegetables, and whole foods? Some are higher in water content than others. But you can help quench your thirst by eating healthy hydrating foods.
Thanks for taking the time to read our tips for staying hydrated.