Vegan Creamy Broccoli Soup
This broccoli vegan soup is the perfect dish. It's even better for cuddling up on the couch in a comfy sweater and a blanket. For the recipe for this easy vegan broccoli soup, follow the steps below!
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 scoops KOYAH broccoli powder (or 1/2 cup chopped broccoli)
2 scoops KOYAH celery powder (or 1 cup chopped celery)
1 sweet potato chopped
5 red potatoes chopped
8 cloves of garlic minced
2 sprigs of rosemary diced
1 bay leaf
1 yellow onion finely chopped
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 1/2 cup of cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 scoop KOYAH lemon powder (or 1 lemon entirely squeezed)
- Soak cashews in warm water. Set aside to soak for 30 minutes
- Chop vegetables
- Place a medium pot over low to medium heat. Add the broth, oil, onion, garlic, rosemary, potatoes, bay leaf, and a dash of salt and pepper. Give the soup a light stir every 6 to 8 minutes. Cook until the potatoes are soft. If you do not have KOYAH broccoli or celery powder. Add the chopped broccoli and celery to the pot with this step.
- While the soup is cooking, work on making the cashew cream.
- To make the cashew cream. Add 1 1/2 cup of soaked cashews to a blender, use a small amount of water to help with creamy. Combine with the cashews in the blender 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes, KOYAH lemon powder (or fresh lemon), and water in the blender and blend until "creamy.")
- Once the cashew cream is made, add to the pot of soup.
- Add 2 scoops of KOYAH celery and broccoli powder to the pot.
- Add a dash of salt. Discard the bay leaf before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
We love to see what you're mixing up with KOYAH. Please don't forget to tag us in your photos!