This homemade lemon cough syrup with lemon and honey is the perfect fix for a cough you can't kick or a sore throat. This homemade remedy is easy, healthy, and soothing.
1 cup raw honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 pieces of 2-inch sections of lemon peel
Juice of 2 lemons
1 bunch of fresh thyme
6 scoops of KOYAH lemon powder
- Add honey, olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, and bundled thyme to a medium saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, occasionally stirring until the mixture thins. Be sure not to boil. Do this for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the thyme bundle and discard.
- Stir in the KOYAH Lemon Powder
- Remove syrup from the heat.
- Allow it to cool, transfer it to a glass jar with a lid and store it in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- For 1 serving: Take 1 tbsp of the syrup, add to 2 tbsp of boiling water, and stir.
Yield: 16 servings
Recipe created by Kimberley of The Rocks & Dirt Bakery
We love to see what you're fixing up with KOYAH. Please don't forget to tag us in your photos!